Melissa Kaylene: Living Locally: Garth Brooks
Image Map

Monday, April 20, 2015

Living Locally: Garth Brooks

Garth Brooks Concert in Portland

This past week has been crazy, but I’m not complaining! April has turned out to have been the biggest roller coaster ride we've had in quite a long time. I haven’t mentioned anything on here yet, but a couple of weeks ago Wayne lost his Mom and one of my co-workers also passed away. I wrote a couple of blog posts about it happening, but chose not to publish them because it just didn’t feel right at the time.

This week we were finally getting back to ‘normal’ (whatever that may be!) Which included an overnight flight to Seattle, soccer practice and games, a PTO meeting, lots of projects, oh, and not one concert – but two. 

*Warning*, if you aren't really a country music fan, this photo bomb of pictures may not be your favorite post. J

Garth Brooks Concert in Portland
Garth Brooks Concert in Portland
Garth Brooks Concert in Portland
Garth Brooks Concert in Portland

 Well, last month Garth Brooks announced he was coming to Portland. It had been something crazy like 18 years or so since he had performed here. Originally he had two dates scheduled, but the day that the tickets went on sale he quickly added four more shows, playing a total of 6 shows in 5 days.

Luckily for me I got pretty darn good seats for one of the shows, but one of my best friends also ended up with tickets and wanted me to go with them, so of course I couldn't say no!

Garth Brooks Concert in Portland
Garth Brooks Concert in Portland

So last Sunday I went with her – had an amazing time and kept thinking on how awesome Wednesday was going to be with good seats – and I was so right. 

Garth Brooks Concert in Portland
Garth Brooks Concert in Portland
Garth Brooks Concert in Portland
Garth Brooks Concert in Portland
Garth Brooks Concert in Portland
Garth Brooks Concert in Portland
Garth Brooks Concert in Portland
Garth Brooks Concert in Portland
Garth Brooks Concert in Portland
Garth Brooks Concert in Portland

 I've been to many concerts over the years, but Garth Brooks is one of the best performers I’ve seen. The energy that man has is incredible, and it shows with nearly 20,000 people singing every word to his songs. It’s a really feel-good show.

Garth Brooks Concert in Portland
Garth Brooks Concert in Portland
Garth Brooks Concert in Portland
Garth Brooks Concert in Portland
Garth Brooks Concert in Portland
Garth Brooks Concert in Portland

I’m turning 30 in June, and can officially check that one off of my bucket list!

Garth Brooks Concert in Portland

 ~Melissa

2 comments:

  1. Ahh I went to the show on Thursday and definitely agree it is one of the best concerts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been waiting for this post! Wish I could have been there, but I saved all of the photos!

    ReplyDelete