Melissa Kaylene: One Sunny Day
Image Map

Sunday, February 1, 2015

One Sunny Day


I’m going to be completely honest with you right now.

I’m sitting in my recliner, drinking a lemon drop and watching Father of the Bride (with Steve Martin, remember?) contemplating on how this weekend has played out. It’s been pretty eventful – but not too bad. Little Miss Emma was a lucky lady and got to have a sleepover with a friend last night. I’m so glad because she’s not really had any friends that she can have of just her own – with no competition from siblings, and I know she had a great time – I hope this can turn into a great friendship for her.


In the meantime, Wayne and I took Anika and Noah with us to do our monthly shopping trip at Costco and then ended up at the Portland Children’s Museum to see their new Exhibit: Circus Zirkus on their opening night. I was up checking it out on behalf of Metro Parent/PDX Kids Calendar (I’m a contributor for their online reviews). Anyways, Anika and Noah had lots of fun and I’ll share pictures soon.

And then there was today.

I ran to the store and got some last minute Super Bowl goodies and we just relaxed and watched the game. I picked Emma up and we ate some goodies then put the kids to bed.

And here I am.


Friday before the sleepover happened it was sunny. Like incredibly sunny. So I took the kids to the park. I took a few moments and remembered to breathe after the crazy week I had, and the kids had so much fun on the play structures and merry-go-round. They didn’t have any school because of a grading day, so they ran into lots of classmates at the playground.

I love small towns.


The weather (though it only lasted a day) made me long for spring and summer. I’m the kind of Oregonian that if it’s not going to snow, bring me spring, because by February I’m done with the cloudy gloomy weather and just want sunshine – although a snow day would be fun too.


This was my weekend in a round-a-bout way…and now February is here! I can’t believe it! Wasn't it just Christmas? I've been obsessed with Pinterest lately and have been looking at all things Valentine’s though. It doesn't seem like it should be only 2 weeks away.


How was your weekend? Did you do anything exciting?

~Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment