Melissa Kaylene: Living Locally: Feast Portland this weekend!
Image Map

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Living Locally: Feast Portland this weekend!

#FeastPDX

You guys! I'm so excited for Feast Portland! It begins in just two short days! This will be my first year attending Feast, so I'm not 100% sure what to expect, but I'm positive that it will be tons of fun! I'll be up there solo for a full day of events on Friday, and then I'm bringing Wayne along on Saturday and we will be staying the night in downtown Portland celebrating our Anniversary at the Oregonian Media Group High Comfort at The Nines. If you want to follow along catch me over on Instagram, and be sure to check out the hashtag #FeastPDX to see everyone's pictures! 

I wrote a little bit more in depth about Feast Portland a couple of weeks ago, in case you are wondering what the heck I'm talking about right now. In a nutshell it's a four day food festival that celebrates Oregon's bounty. There's hands on classes, dinner series, grand tastings, tasting panels, - something interesting for everyone, and the best part is that Feast Portland donates its net proceeds towards ending child hunger in Oregon (and beyond) through Partners for a hunger-free Oregon and Share our Strength. 

Most of the events have already sold out, but here are a few with tickets still available. If you're looking for something fun to do this weekend I honestly can't think of anything better!



This is the big opening event on Thursday night kicking off the Feast celebration! 14 of America's top chefs will gather together in their quest for sandwich success. You can vote for the people's choice winner, enjoy Brothers Brewing Beers , wines and cocktails. 

#FeastPDX


This is one dinner you don't want to miss! Chefs Phil Speer, (Uchi/Uchiko, Austin)  Kristen Murray, (Maurice, Portland) Tim Helea, (Little T, Portland) Alissa Frice, (St. Jack, Frice Pastry, Portland) and Carrie Merrill (Urban Farmer, Portland) will treat you to a delicious evening - and Talia Baiocchi (Punch Editor in Chief and author of "Sherry") will be pairing with choices of Sherries and Madeiras. 


If you can only make it to one event during Feast Portland I think this is the one you need to check out. The Oregon Bounty Grand Tasting offers a huge variety of tastings - you can eat and drink until your heart is content as well as watch live cooking demonstrations. 

#FeastPDX


This looks like a fun tasting panel where you can mix two of my favorites things - coffee and spirits. Stumptown Coffee Roasters, House Spirits Distillery and industry titans Jeffrey Morgenthaler and Alex Negranza will be concocting some delightful drinks. 

#FeastPDX


I can't wait to dress up and head out to this event! Oregon's top winemakers will be there along with over 20 chefs who will be sharing their versions of comfort food at the evening held at The Nines Hotel.

#FeastPDX

Remember, all events are 21 + and all inclusive! Can't wait to see you there! :)

~Melissa
*All photos c/o of FeastPortland.com. I have been given a blogger/media pass in exchange for my coverage - no other compensation will be received. All opinions are my own. For more information on partnering with me on upcoming events email me at MelissaKaylene@gmail.com.*

No comments:

Post a Comment