Melissa Kaylene: 20 Things to Do With Your Children This Winter
Image Map

Monday, November 11, 2013

20 Things to Do With Your Children This Winter



One thing I love to do is make lists - and check them off. When I create a list I know I won't forget what I need to get done (eventually!)

Sometimes I write seasonal "bucket lists" (like the one we did last summer) and get my kids involved. They absolutely love going through and crossing things off every week - and because of it I think we spend more time together as a family, which is the best part of all.

Here's some ideas to get you started on your own winter bucket list:


1. Make Peppermint Cocoa
2. Watch a Holiday movie
3. Create a popcorn garland
4. Play in the snow
5. Make a gingerbread house
6. Drive around and look at Christmas lights
7. Go to a Holiday bazaar
8. Sing Christmas carols
9. Pick out the perfect Christmas tree
10. Have a Christmas cookie exchange with friends and family
11. Go ice skating
12. Make paper snowflakes
13. Build a snowman
14. Listen to Christmas music
15. Make ornaments
16. Watch a Christmas program
17. Go to a tree lighting ceremony
18. Visit Santa
19. Attend a holiday party
20. Give back in some way


What other things are on your 'must-do' this holiday season?

~Melissa

13 comments:

  1. Hi there,
    I am following you from Titus Tuesday. Put up the creche outside.. we are in AZ and it is so easy to put up the scene. Put out the wooden creche that my husband made. Can't wait. Sing Christmas songs. Thank God for Jesus.
    Blessings,
    Janis www.janiscox.com
    Oh if I had kids I would read Santa's favourite Christmas - great book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas. Spending quality time with the family builds memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your list oh so much fun to be had
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this list! I love to make a fun chart for Christmas break to keep it fun and active. I will be using this list this year. Thanks for the wonderful idea!! So fun to see someone else from the Willamette valley!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a perfect list!!
    Thanks for sharing via Mommy Monday!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the crafty ideas and think that these get everyone more into the spirit too

    Thank you for linking up to the I Love My Post blog hop
    www.adventuresofayorkshiremum.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great list of thing to do....
    Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great list! We made a popcorn garland for the first time last year, they had so much fun with it! I'll be doing it again this year for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this list Melissa. What a fun mom you are! Thanks for linking up to Tickled Pink Times Two.
    Make it a pink day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are all great ideas. Thanks so much for sharing with Wednesday's Adorned From Above Link Party.
    Have a great week.
    Debi and Charly @ Adorned From Above
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This list reminds me of what I used to do for the holidays when I was a kid. Thank you for sharing with us on Countdown in Style. Don't forget to stop by Friday to see if you are featured. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are some great things for kids to do. We do most of these already, but happy to incorporate more. Last year, my son made an igloo of rice crispy treats. He loved it!

    Thanks for sharing and linking up with Countdown in Style! Don't forget to come back on Friday to see if you were featured!

    ~~April~~
    100lbCountdown.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous family!! Have a great Thanksgiving! linda

    ReplyDelete