Melissa Kaylene: Plunging Forward.
Image Map

Monday, January 7, 2013

Plunging Forward.

 
It's been a busy start to a new year around here.
Budgets.
Work.
Family.
Life and Death.
Friends.
Stress.
 
  I'm planning a birthday party for my daughter's 5th birthday this next weekend, then we have to make a quick overnight trip to Southern Oregon for Grandpa Howern's funeral the next weekend.
 
School is starting back up for the kids, ... and me. Long story short I made a quick decision to take a math class. I'm trying to open up new avenues to finish my nursing degree. I am attempting to get placed on a waiting list for the second year of our community colleges nursing program. It's all dependant if there is room from first year students who choose or cannot pass on to the second year.
The only other credit I literally need is one math class. So I'm going to try and get it done quickly. I am going to try and take a first year Spanish class as well.
 
I'm meeting with the Dean of Nursing on the 15th to see what my odds are. I'm literally so close to having my RN, yet so far away. I've clept out of all but one of the RN level nursing classes, but going through Excelsior college still might not work out for me. That's why I'm keeping my options open. I've got 2 1/2 years until I'm 30 and I'll be damned if I'm still a LPN then. :)
 
"Slow and steady, steady and slow, that's the only way to go."
 

My Why's:  


Photobucket

Photobucket

 SAM_0838_zps45dd9566-1_zps670f5969.jpg

2 comments:

  1. Hi there,
    Just stopping over from the blog hop to admire your blog! Sounds like you have a lot going on! Now following your blog on Pinterest, and Facebook! If you have a moment to visit my blog and follow back that would be wonderful.
    Thanks!
    Katie~ http://dysfunctionsjunction.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute blog and good post! just found you through a friend! hope to get to know ya better.

    morgan

    morganandnormanreece.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete