Melissa Kaylene: Simple DIY Trick or Treat Bags!
Image Map

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Simple DIY Trick or Treat Bags!

Hey everyone! :)

I thought today would be a much needed mellow day compared to what it has been lately, and it has to some degree, but it seems just when you think you have your semi-relaxing day all planned then your two year old decides he is going to be the biggest terror he has ever been, like ever. Bed time in 4 hours and 8 minutes! YES I am counting today! :)

In other news, who is excited for Halloween?! Who is ready for it!? Not me! The month has been so busy we haven't even had time to go to a pumpkin patch yet! Nor have I bought any candy yet for our trick or treaters! Last year, I almost had enough, but every year we run out... its been 5 years that we have lived in our tiny town with a grade school of less than 400 students. Well, I'm pretty sure everyone of them hits up our cul de sac! I made 250 of these little bags last year, and I think I may be able to get by with 300 this year.

They are super easy to make. I just went down to the Dollar Tree and bought a bunch of their lunch sacks, then used some sharpies to write on them and my daughter helped me color the pumpkin on them with an orange highlighter. We filled 'em up, folded the top down and stapled them shut! Easy peasy and the kids always like getting treat bags, plus that was I can keep track on how many little goblins walk up my porch from year to year :)


We shall see what I come up with this year!

~Melissa

10 comments:

  1. Hey Melissa! I'm a new follower from the GFC blog hop! And I am SUPER impressed that you take the time to make these adorable little baggies for ALL the kids that come to your door! I do them for my daughter's class and I get overwhelmed - that's only 24 baggies!! Major kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I can't believe you had so many trick or treaters! Last year we didn't have any! :O
    Dropping by from the GFC blog hop. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I bet the kids LOVE coming to your house.....
    Maybe if I made something similar they would come in droves to my house too.....
    I love seeing those cute kids.....
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow 300! Super cute, the kids will love them :) Also, letting you know I nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award. Check out what it's all about here
    http://wildflowers3.blogspot.com/2012/10/ive-been-nominated-liebster-blog-award.html

    Krystal

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great idea for my son's class. super cute. Thanks a lot for sharing.

    xo
    Sam
    http://fabulouspetite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those Trick & Treat bags are so sweet - a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a great idea! Just found this over on Pam's Party Planning's link party. Love that you also have a link party! I am a new follower of yours and cannot wait to participate in your party now too! Thanks!

    Nichole
    www.pinkieforpink.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. these are so sweet you are so nice ! children scare me on halloween so i never open the door. this year though i am taking my daughter trick or treating which will be different (wish we came to your house and got one of these awesome bags !!)
    http://myfroley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What wonderful bags! We have lots of kiddos on Halloween, but have never actually counted! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are so cute!! I can see why all the kids visit your house. :) Thank you so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent. I'm so excited to have you, and your newest follower. :)

    ReplyDelete