Melissa Kaylene: {Old Fashioned Homemade Apple Pie}
Image Map

Sunday, August 19, 2012

{Old Fashioned Homemade Apple Pie}

 Wow. I can't believe how August is flying by. I havn't meant to be MIA around here, but my family somehow contracted a stomach bug smack dab in the middle of 102 degree days! I am slowly recovering, but its not much fun to be sick in the middle of summer.

 So last week one of my friends and I got together and made some delicious homemade apple pie. We even made the crust. I googled (I Heart Google) apple pie recipes, and chose one from SimplyRecipes.com. We had a blast. We ended up quadrupling the recipe so we could each take two pies home. I'm thinking next time we might need to double THAT.

 Summer is wrapping up soon, and I am getting excited for fall. I love the hustle and bustle of it all. School, soccer, pumpkin patches, hay rides, halloween...I love gorgeous fall days with the crisp air, and a pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks in my hands! :) Makes me smile just thinking about it! Not that I don't love summer, but fall just might be my absolute favorite.

homemade apple pie
homemade apple pie
Jessica peeling and coring the apples


homemade apple pie

homemade apple pie


homemade apple pie
Our crust coming together.


homemade apple pie
Our apple pie filling. It was SO tasty!
homemade apple pie
Crust all mixed up


homemade apple pie

homemade apple pie

homemade apple pie

homemade apple pie

They were so tasty!

Check out the full recipe Here and make some yourself! By the way, we only altered the recipe a tiny bit. We didn't have any brandy on hand (though we joked maybe we should have!) So we didn't add any into the crust. Other than that, the recipe worked out really well!

I promise I'll be back soon ;)




14 comments:

  1. They were so tasty... I BET! This post has deliciousness written all over it! I LOVE the last pic, you look great girl! :)

    xoxo ♥ Shar
    http://sharmartinez.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. BRANDY??? Did someone say Brandy? It wouldn't happen to be Apricot brandy by any chance, would it? Think I'll go check out that recipe! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. One word - YUMMY!!! And I'm liking the apricot Brandy suggestion above!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks YUMMY!! Thanks for sharing!

    Stopping by from the Monday Meet Up :)

    Lovely Blog!

    xoxo
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your recipe for apple pie! It looks very comforting and delicious!

    Stopping by your blog from Manic Monday (I posted #102 Pizza Sauce).

    Pinned and Tweeted!

    Amber @ The Cook's Sister

    ReplyDelete
  6. This makes me LONGGG for fall! The cool weather, the delicious smells. AHH! Get in my nose/belly now!! Thank you for reminding me that September is near, which means so is FALL!

    Kylie
    absolutelyarkansas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks amazing! Your pics are awesome.
    thanks for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yummmmmm! looks amazing!

    Have a wonderful week! Stop by nichollvincent.blogspot.com and say hello! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My family loooooooooooooves apple cake/pie/tart etc
    and this pie looks amazing!:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So yummy! Thank you for sharing this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks amazing! My husbands favorite dessert is apple pie. I found you over at show off your stuff link party and am now your newest follower. I'd love it if you would visit me over at www.battlingthehomefront.com and become a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Melissa,
    Great pie recipe, and I love the production line. Thank you so much for sharing with Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party last week. This weeks Link Party is opened at http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/08/free-bee-sweet-hat-pattern-crocheted.html
    Hope to see you there.
    Debi Bolocofsky
    Adorned From Above
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've been featured! Thanks for linking up!! http://www.thevintagefarmhouse.com/2012/09/creative-things-thursday-and-features.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nothing better to welcome fall than a good ol fashion apple pie.Yours loosk amazing!

    ReplyDelete