Melissa Kaylene: Girls Sleepover Craft Ideas
Image Map

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Girls Sleepover Craft Ideas

craft ideas for girls

So, I don't know about you, but my girls have already been begging for their friends to come over for sleepovers, now that its Summer break and all. When they have friends over I usually try to have at least one thing to keep them occupied. Here are some ideas that I have done in the past that have been a big hit. :)

 1. Pipe Cleaner Jewelry

sleepover

I bought a bag of sparkly pipe cleaners in all different colors, at walmart for a couple bucks. My daughter Emma and I had tons of fun one night creating crowns and rings, necklaces, bracelets, and whatever else we could think of. She is sporting her Princess crown here, and I have a flower
headband. 

2. DIY Take Home Tote Bags

sleepover

The girls really loved this project. Again, Walmart has cheap canvas bags that come in sets of two, and then I purchased some iron on transfer paper and printed whatever pictures the girls liked best from their sleepover. We then ironed them onto the bags and then I let the girls go crazy with fabric paint and decorations. One of the my favorite slumber party projects. Ever.

3. Craft Masks


sleepover

These are so easy and fun. All you need is paper plates, old magazines, some yarn for hair, and I used a paint stick for a handle. But really, just look around your house...most anything will work for decorations. You can read more about my mask project here.

4. Princess Wands

sleepovers

sleepovers


I actually made these for a birthday party one year and the girls
helped me. What you need:
Melting White Chocolate
Food Coloring
Sprinkles
candy decorations
and of course, pretzels.
You also need either some wax paper or foil to line a baking
sheet with.
Simply melt the chocolate per the instructions, mix a couple drops of food coloring in. Set two small pretzels on both sides of the large pretzel stick in foiled cookie sheet and then cover with chocolate, making sure to coat both sides. Let cool, then decorate any way you'd like!

 5. Fondant Fun

sleepovers

Everyone can make sugar cookies, but why not take it a step further and let the kids learn how to make fondant? Its actually simpler than you think. Here is an easy recipe for you. Let them experiment with mixing colors up, and then using cookie cutters to cut the shapes out to fit on the cookies. we used gumdrops here for the flower center.

6. Party Table Cloth
sleepover

tablecloth

sleepover

sleepovers
I let them get super artsy on this one.... I had a sleepover before my daughters birthday and I decided to let them in on the decorations. I bought a disposable fabric tablecloth from Walmart for a few dollars, and let them decorate their hearts out, with colors and stickers etc. They all worked very hard on it, and the end result was SO cute. I didn't have the heart to throw it away, so it is now folded up in our memory box. :)

You might also like to check out my latest Sleepover post HERE.

Sleepover Ideas

Well, there is a few ideas to help inspire you the next time you have some little princesses over for a sleepover!

Melissa

13 comments:

  1. Great ideas! Where were you when you and sis were little! I could have used ideas like those! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely ideas!! found you via the link up! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great ideas-thank you so much for sharing them! I'm going to Google + this post right now.

    Thanks for linking up to Say G'day Saturday. This week's post is now live so I hope that you can join in again this weekend!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are some great ideas! I would love for you to link up at my party going on now on The Crafty Blog Stalker! Thanks for the great tutorial!

    http://thecraftyblogstalker.blogspot.com/2012/06/blog-stalking-thursday-46.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many fun ideas! Love this! Thanks so much for sharing at Mom On Timeout!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome!! So many fun ideas!!

    Thanks so much for linking up with 'The Wednesday Chronicles', we hope to see you again next week!

    Now following :)

    xo
    Ange

    www.hairsprayandhighheels.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great ideas! Not applicable to me but will pass on the ideas!

    Found you through Nykkis hop!

    http://www.bethmayblogs.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are amazing ideas! It will be extremely helpful to all the mommys out there!

    I'm not yet a mom; but will be one day -&& I will remember these!! :)

    Thanks for linking up! I'm following you now!

    xo, Nykki from nykki-talks-beauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH MY G they are all so cool nice good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. cute ideas, my little boy is haveing at party and i need ideas

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohh wow, how encouraging to see that the little eagles were doing how nice work, keep it up !!! :-D

    Jute Bags Manufacturers

    ReplyDelete